Sunday, June 17, 2012

"Frame Me" Technique

I saw this done on an American Girl magazine a while back, and I wondered how it was done! Well, using your computer, it's very simple, actually! Here's how I did it...

I took of me holding a picture frame with nothing in it. I made sure my fingers were just touching the frame and not the area where the picture would go.

Then, I uploaded the picture to my computer and opened it in Gimp. I opened the picture "as layers" again, resized it, and put it inside the frame in the original picture. I opened the photo again, resized it even smaller, and put it inside the frame inside the picture inside the original frame. I continued doing this until it became pixelated. And there you have it!

Have you tried this technique before? If you have, I'd love to see it!

6 comments:

  1. great idea! I love the outcome... super cute and adorable ;)

    BTW you are super pretty! Love your eyes and hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the American Girl magazines! Especially the crafts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Emma - IKR??!? I still love reading old ones I have.
    @Willa - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! I have to try it now!
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!